Health and Safety
J.V. Price Ltd is at the fore front of Health and Safety in our industry and this is shown by our many health and safety accreditation’s, within the company we have 2 full time NEBOSH trained Health & Safety Managers and they take health and safety very seriously.
The company shows our commitment to the management of Health and Safety with our UKAS approved OHSAS 18001 accreditation that we have now held for a number of years.
Our other accreditations include
– Contractor Plus
– British Safety Council
– SIAC (Safety in Access Contractor)
– FWC (Federation of Window Cleaners)
– BWCA (British Window Cleaning Academy)
– IPAF (International Powered Access Federation)
– PASMA (Prefabricated Access Suppliers’ & Manufacturers’ Association)
All of our members of staff go through a training matrix, depending on what tasks they carry out they may be a Level 1 to 5, the minimum requirements are, JVP Induction including manual handling, Reach and Wash water fed pole and traditional tool training, IOSH Working Safely, all these couses are carried out in house via our IOSH approved training centre.
Additional training that is given to members of staff include
– IPAF – the use of mobile access platforms
– PASMA – the use on moblie access towers
– JVP Training – Roof top safety and use of harnesses
– JVP Training – Self Evac from MEWP, Cradles, Horizontal Safety Lines, Class A1 anchor devices.
– BWCA – Health and Safety
– IOSH – Health and Safety
– CSCS – Health and Safety
– Asbestos Awareness
– IRATA – Abseil Level 1, 2 and 3
We have our own IOSH accredited training facility based at our Watford head office and make sure that all our staff are trained in every aspect of their job to the highest possible level.
Before and works are carried out on any of our clients sites a full health and safety pack is put in place that includes site specific Risk Assessments (RA), Method Statements (MS), Training Certificates, Equipment Inspections Records, Insurances and COSHH.
During the implementation stage of a contract the Health and Safety team ill carry out site audits and toolbox talks to insure that all the information has been communicated and all members of staff are fully aware sites health and safety requirements.
We are very proud as a company of our impeccable safety record and we insure to keep it.